Start the engine1. It guarantees a rotation of the test-tube.
1. Putting the burner into operation
Swing the burner2 with the lever3 out of the combustion-chamber4.
Open burner's gas valve5 which is in the combustion-chamber. The air valve6 is still closed.
Take matches and switching flame on during you press opener7
(button on the lower left side in front of the gas and air valve) for about 10 - 15 seconds until the burner2
abducts enough heat to trigger a gas self-preservation.
The propane gas flame without air has a yellow color and must be settled to a flame high of 10-15 cm.
Swing the burner2 with the lever3 into the combustion-chamber4 and open
slowly the burner's air valve6 which is in the combustion-chamber4 until the flame-picture is blue
and the both outer flames are bigger than the inner.
The burner2 is now ready for an optimal extraction. By swinging the burner2
in and out of the combustion-chamber4 you must check the flame pictures change. Please, check swinging repeatedly.
Fine-regulation of the flame-picture
We have done this for you.
If you want to change the attitudes, we give you the instructions hereby.
In swiveled position you have to do the fine-regulation of the flame-picture:
The gas-air mixture can be varied until an optimal flame-picture has been attained with help of the
Apart from an optimal flame-picture the distance of the test-tube to the burner is important for
the melting of the test-tube. This distance can be varied by moving the burner holder9.
In addition the whole burner can be moved in longitudinal direction for 20 mm with the knurled screw10,
so that the lacing up position can be varied according to its demand.
The correct adjustment of the burner guarantees an optimal heating time of the glass and a limitation of the melting range.
For safety reasons a gas shut down has been installed, which stops the gas supply as soon as the burner cools off.
2. Mechanical adjustment elements for an optimal extraction
Handling of the adapter:
We developed a special adapter to lengthening the ampoules.
Put the adapter in the opening of the ampoule. Through an easy rotation we get a rigid connection between both.
Put the adapted ampoule on the rollers and the ampoule can normal constricted now.
Cooling of the adapter between extraction processes is necesary. A hot adapter can entail strain of glass ampoules.
* Put the test-tube or ampoule on the rubber rollers11 with its opening facing to the right.
The holder has an adjustable stop12 on the upper left side for the bottom of the test-tube. Put the test-tube
into position with the lever13.
* Move the burner according to the content of the test-tube and secure its position with the knurled screws9,10.
* You can adjust the tube beginning stop with a knurled screwx4. The minimal distance between tube and
ending stop must be 8 mm.
* With the knurled screw14 (on the right upper side) you can correct the ending stop according to the
capillary origin depending on the melting temperature and the flowing way.
3. The extraction process
By swiveling the optimally adjusted burner with lever3 the rotating test-tube gets warmed.
You can make out the correct extraction temperature by a red-hot color and a showing lacing-up of the glass.
Now swivel the burner out (lever3) and move the swinging lever15 of the right roller.
The glass is extracted to a capillary with a 0.2 mm - 0.5 mm diameter.
The tilt of the left rubber roller guarantees that the test tube stays at the bottom stop,
the tilt of the right rubber roller in connection with the lever mechanism effects the extraction process up to the adjusted stop.
4. End of the extraction process
* Release the test-tube, which is on the rollers by moving the lever13
* You can arbitrarily often repeat the extraction process. Between the single processes don't turn the air-valve6
and the gas-valve5 off.
* Shut the air6 and gas5 supply and close the stopcocks at the end of the extraction processes
* Turn off the engine1.
* Don't do any adjustment and installation work, which extend the normal installation grips of the burner and of the stops
* Never stop rollers by force
* Don't move control elements abruptly
Precautions for your safety
* Read all instructions carefully
* The appliance may only be operated by authorized persons
* Use eye and hand guard
* The user has to extract the remaining gas or the burning residues, respectively
* Keep electrical cord away from burner
* Authorized persons only are permitted to open the casing
* Always disconnect appliance from electrical outlet before opening the casing.
Maintenance and repair works
The constrictor is almost maintenance-free apart from the lubricating of the roller bearings
* All parts of the appliance are exchangeable or repairable
* Expendable parts:
0-ring (24 x 3); without tools exchangeable
Transport rollers; only by improper usage
* The Feingerätetechnik GbR as producer of this appliance will be pleased to carry out repairs.
Please contact us for estimates before hand.
Important elements of Ampoule Constrictor
3Lever for swinging burner
5Gas valve which is in combustion-chamber
6Air valve which is in combustion-chamber
9Knurled screw for vertical direction
10Knurled screw for longitudinal direction
12Adjustable stop on left side
13Lever for adjustment
14Knurled screw for correcting ending stop
15Lever for extraction